Today on the show we’ve got Mike Burrows. Mike is a leader in the lean, agile and project management community. He’s a well known speaker and consultant.
founder Mike Burrows is the author of Kanban from the Inside
(2014) and Agendashift: Outcome-oriented change and continuous transformation
(2018); his third book Right to Left: the digital leader’s guide to Lean and Agile
is due in 2019. He is recognized for his pioneering work in Lean, Agile, and Kanban and his advocacy for participatory and outcome-oriented approaches to change, transformation, and strategy. Prior to his consulting career, Mike was global development manager and Executive Director at a top tier investment bank, and CTO for an energy risk management startup.
Today We Talked About
- Identify the authentic situation of need
- Understand the What/When/Where of the project
- AgendaShift – Engagement Model
- Avoid Micromanagement
- Understanding pain-points of users and a vision of what people would like to see
- Change doesn’t have to be tiny small changes, it can be big picture change
- Focusing on outcomes, not solutions
- Get a mentor, read/listen to books.
Connect with Mike
I hope you enjoyed this show, please head over to iTunes and subscribe and leave me a rating and review, even one sentence will help spread the word. Thanks again!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |